Monday, June 13, 2011

Update

The most fun thing to talk about on here is Boston so that's all I ever write about! So I just wanted everyone who isn't around us to know what is going on in our lives in general!
Way back in May I (Kjerstin) stopped working at the Bank of Commerce. I thought it would be a huge adjustment but somehow it hasn't been. It feels completely natural (go figure) to take care of my own kid. Don't get me wrong, we have our hard days where I wonder why I quit so soon and he wonders why Grandma can't be his real Mom. So now Boston and I spend our days as BFF's doing whatever we want. Justin and I had a really hard time taking this leap of faith since our finances don't really allow for it, but we have really been blessed and everything seems to work out!
We recently took another leap of faith! After 4 years of Justin slowly taking 1 online class at a time, he started full time at BYU-Idaho in April. So now his schedule is: wake up at 5am to study, Monday, Wednesday, Friday he has 1 class in the morning from 9 to 10 and then goes back to work until 6. He has to skip his lunch everyday to make it work with his 40+ hours and so far it has. Then he gets to come home and eat dinner. Most nights he starts on homework right after dinner but if it's nice outside we are able to squeeze a walk in. Then he stays up until 11 or 12 doing homework. He works really hard and it has really paid off! At midterms he had straight A's! We are luckily poor enough that he qualified for grants for this semester but he has already gotten a scholarship from private donor through the school for next semester. We are really hoping he can keep his straight A's because then he would be able to get another scholarship for having a 4.0 which covers EVERYTHING! Or so we've been told. So anyways that is what Justin is up to! So if it seems like he dropped off the face of the planet, he has! And if you're upset because it seems like you never see or hear from him, get in line behind me because I certainly don't! Thanks for all the support we have gotten from everyone and wish us luck because finals week is the week the baby is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment